Friday, April 5, 2013

“It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.” 
― Pablo Picasso

   I learn so much from Lelia, who has no idea what a great teacher she is! But, one day she will read this and know, and that is such a reassuring thought.
   Every experience is an opportunity to discover something. If you ever watch a child playing when they aren't even thinking about you being in the room, you will see the dumb-founded amazement in their face from the most simple things. I thought about that this week as I watched her coloring on the floor of my studio while I was painting. She is not over-thinking what she is doing like I do. What I do requires some thought, of course, but watching her made me want to go back to painting the way that I love to paint, and for the rest of the week that's what I did. I have woken up each morning and gone to sleep each night thinking about painting and feeling excited to get back to it. Children are so refreshing! 






No comments:

Post a Comment